Having been a 5 handicapper as a teenager, I didn't play golf for 8 years. In 2007 I started playing golf again, and was given a handicap of 8 by my new club. I set myself a 5 season target to become a scratch golfer, the deadline being 30th September 2011. The clock is ticking.......

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Craw's Nest Tassie Update

The rain that plagued my round this morning passed a lot quicker than expected, so the lower handicapped players who teed off this afternoon (low handicaps nearly all teed off between 6.30-8.30am and 12.30-2.30pm today) had some more favourable conditions after their first few holes. As a result the scoring was much better this afternoon, with many people breaking 80 on the Burnside course, and now the scores are in and the relevant numbers have been crunched, I know that I didn't qualify for either knockout competition.

In the Tassie I was 81st out of 337, with only the top 64 qualifying for the matchplay stages.
In the Maulesbank (handicap competion) I was 79th, with the top 64 qualifying.

So instead of playing matchplay, I'll now have opportunities to play for my handicap in consolation events over the next 2 days, playing the Burnside on Wednesday and the Championship on Thursday. Having set my sights on qualifying for a matchplay run I'm struggling to motivate myself for them at this precise moment, but I'm sure by tomorrow morning I'll be back in the zone of trying to get my handicap reduced a little bit further.

One disappointment to get over is that a par on my last hole today would have got me into the Tassie, and a bogey would have got me into the Maulesbank. My out of bounds and eventual triple bogey 7 gets me into nothing. Having said that, it's too easy to just blame the 36th of 36 holes, there were a good 9 shots I could have taken off my score yesterday (4 x 3-putts, 4 x fairway bunkers, and 1 x double attempt out of a greenside bunker), and a good 4 or 5 today. Hopefully tomorrow will bring more success, and a bit less rain and wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment