Having been a 5 handicapper as a teenager, I didn't play golf for 8 years. In 2007 I started playing golf again, and was given a handicap of 8 by my new club. I set myself a 5 season target to become a scratch golfer, the deadline being 30th September 2011. The clock is ticking.......

Saturday 26 June 2010

Club Championship Round 1

Club Championship Round 1

The absolute sublime and ridiculous in the first round. All 3 of us in the final group birdied the first hole, and on the fourth tee I was 1 under par and a clear last of the 3 - the first 3 holes consisted of 6 birdies and 3 pars.
I was 1 under par after 11, and then the wheels came off completely. A double bogey on 12 was followed by a par, but then I went bogey, double bogey, triple bogey, all of which were 3-putts, just to add salt to the wounds.
My playing partners also succumbed to the 3 nasty flag positions, we played the par 3 15th in 7 over par combined, having played the first 3 in 6 under par combined! Some of the flags were in unbelievable positions, but it's the same for everyone I suppose. I finished things off with a stupid 3 putt on the last for a 79. Ridiculously, I am only 3 off the lead in 4th place, but I'm going to have to play exponentially better than the 11 greens and 36 putts from this morning to have any chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment