Having been a 5 handicapper as a teenager, I didn't play golf for 8 years. In 2007 I started playing golf again, and was given a handicap of 8 by my new club. I set myself a 5 season target to become a scratch golfer, the deadline being 30th September 2011. The clock is ticking.......

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Montrose Round 2

Montrose Round 2

Another interesting round today, resulting in a 79 to give me a 36 hole total of 157. Starting with a double bogey, having driven into a fairway bunker I thought was out of range, I then had 9 pars in a row, including yet another case of hitting a par 5 in two before 3 putting. I bogied 11, which was fair enough as it was out of range for me, but then proceeded to lose the plot going bogey, double bogey, bogey, bogey. I knew I probably needed 3 pars to finish in order to qualify, so I ended up getting 3 of the scrambliest pars in the last 450 years of golf across Montrose links. The end result is that I have just qualified, albeit in 30th position, and now face one of the top qualifiers in the first round of matchplay tomorrow, who qualified a full 15 shots better than me.
All I can do is give it my best shot, I can break par on that course so just have to hope for a bit of rain and wind and it's anyone's game.

No comments:

Post a Comment