Having been a 5 handicapper as a teenager, I didn't play golf for 8 years. In 2007 I started playing golf again, and was given a handicap of 8 by my new club. I set myself a 5 season target to become a scratch golfer, the deadline being 30th September 2011. The clock is ticking.......

Friday 9 July 2010

Roadtrip; Boat of Garten

Roadtrip; Boat of Garten

First of the 5 rounds this weekend was at Boat of Garten. The weather held fair for the first 5 holes, then showers for the next 4, very heavy rain for 7 holes, before easing off on the final 2 holes. The course was in pretty good condition, the greens were quite firm, only to be expected at this time of year, but they putted fairly well. The attached photos are of the view into the 6th green, and also the view from the 17th tee.
As for the golf itself, I dropped a shot on the first hole and another from absolutely nowhere on the 8th. But I came back with birdies on 10 and 13 and parred my way in, missing a few short birdie putts on the way, for a level par 70. Really happy with that, my target is to play all 5 courses in under 360 shots, so I've built a little bit of leeway. Hopefully I can continue in the same vein at Nairn Dunbar this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment