Having been a 5 handicapper as a teenager, I didn't play golf for 8 years. In 2007 I started playing golf again, and was given a handicap of 8 by my new club. I set myself a 5 season target to become a scratch golfer, the deadline being 30th September 2011. The clock is ticking.......

Sunday 30 May 2010

Change Of Plan

So, the day of the Forfar 36 Hole Open. Except I won’t be playing in the Forfar 36 Hole Open as it’s been cancelled due to torrential rain last night. I got the call just after 8 o’clock, and was surprised to say the least. I know it rained last night, but never in a million years did I think the competition would be cancelled because of it. It will be rearranged for another date during the year, but that’s not much use when I have a 1,000 mile round trip to play in it, and have already shelled out for said trip this weekend.

So as not to waste the weekend, the internet was quickly consulted, and we are now playing in the Strathmore 18 Hole Open in about 90 minutes time. The power of the internet is brilliant, 10 years ago you would never have been able to know, at 5 minutes notice, what competitions were on. So we’re going to try and make the best of a bad situation and enjoy the day. I have never played Strathmore before, it is par 72 SSS72, so I expect nothing, but sometimes that’s when magic things can happen. We shall wait and see…..

No comments:

Post a Comment