Having been a 5 handicapper as a teenager, I didn't play golf for 8 years. In 2007 I started playing golf again, and was given a handicap of 8 by my new club. I set myself a 5 season target to become a scratch golfer, the deadline being 30th September 2011. The clock is ticking.......

Saturday 8 May 2010

Worman Sword Round 2

Okay, I need to think before I say that things can't get any worse, because this afternoon's round was just chronic. I sprayed the ball all over the place, I hardly hit a straight shot all round. I didn't complete my card, but if I had taken the most likely score on a hole where I lost a ball I would have scored 91. That is 22 over par. For a 3 handicap golfer. I'm embarrassed even writing that. The funny thing is that I have another competition tomorrow morning at my home course, I may well shoot the lights out and wonder what today was all about.
I hope that happens, otherwise I am going back to the drawing board in a big way.
For the moment, I'm on an underground train on my way home, looking forward to a nice hot shower and anything to take my mind off golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment